28 Jan The Outreach Committee could use some help with these Winter/Spring 2020 missions
The Outreach Committee could use some help with these Winter/Spring 2020 missions
- Port in the Storm-Collaborate with a team in the preparation and delivery of a hot lunch for 16 teenagers at the Port in the Storm Homeless Shelter…on Tuesdays only. Lunch is delivered before 11 a.m. Disposable serving pans provided by Outreach committee. Contact: Cheryl Jeffries 904.377.7975
- Ecumenical Food Pantry—Pick up and deliver donated food from Shores UMC and volunteer at the pantry on Madore St. in St. Augustine on 1st or 3rd Thursday afternoons 1-4p.m. Deliver Souper Bowl of Caring food donations on Monday, February 3, 2020. Contact: Dorothy Shiver 561.992.2837
- Blessings in a Backpack—Shop, pack, or deliver specific non-perishable foods for 20 Hartley Elementary students who live in food-insecure homes. Packing and delivering bags on Friday mornings 10-11 a.m. during the school year. Shopping can done earlier in the week and delivered to the Christian Education Building. Shoppers can be reimbursed for purchases by providing grocery receipt(s). Contact: Karen McDonald 904.429.7540
- Hartley Afterschool Mission—Serve with a team to provide afterschool care for 20 Hartley students on Wednesdays afternoons from 1:30-5:30, working a shift of one hour or more (your preference). Helping students with homework, crafts; supervising students on the playground. Volunteers must take the Child & Youth Protection Training (free) and may be background checked. Contact: Phyllis Wolfe 904.540.0227
- Warm blankets and clothing for Street Homeless—Deliver donated new or gently used blankets, socks, shoes, coats, sweaters, etc. to First UMC on King St. on Monday or Tuesday mornings. These items assist First UMC on King Street with their mission to the street homeless in St. Augustine. (December-January, longer if FUMC requests additional help). Contact: Vicki Hall 904.471.6697
- Pop-tops—We collaborate with First United Methodist Church to collect the pop-tops from soda, soup, and vegetable cans. These are given to Ronald McDonald House in Jacksonville. Collection jars are located in the Narthex/Lobby of the Sanctuary and in the Kitchen area of the Christian Education Building Contact: Vicki Hall 904.471.6697
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
Outreach Committee Time Talent Survey—check one
______YES I want to help with______________________________________.
______I need more information. Please have someone call me.
Name______________________________ Phone number____________________
Please place this section in the offering plate.